Quick Connect Tap Off Box Hailed for Intuitive Design
RICHMOND, Va., Nov. 15, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Power Distribution, Inc. (PDI), a pioneer of innovative power transformation, power distribution, and intelligent power monitoring solutions for mission-critical operations, today announced that Quick Connect Tap Off Box has been named a 2018 Plant Engineering Product of the Year Finalist in the Energy Management category. Winners will be selected through a public voting period that will end on January 4th. The intuitive Quick Connect Tap Off Box design simplifies installation with automatic latching to busrails and enhances energy management with revenue-grade monitoring.
Plant Engineering’s Product of the Year program is the premier award for new products in the manufacturing and non-manufacturing industries. This year’s judging panel selected PDI’s Quick Connect Tap Off Box for its infrared scanning windows that safely measure internal thermal temperatures and its expedited, safer installation, with lighter weight and ETL-listed for live installation and removal.
“PDI’s engineers meet the need for a tap off box that was safer to maintain, easier to install and provides a precise operational status at a glance,” said Vlad Gulkarov, Vice President, Strategy Development, PDI. “We are honored that Plant Engineering has spotlighted our innovative design that brings power distribution to the 21st century.”
PDI’s Quick Connect Tap Off Box:
- Fits any size busrail in the product line allowing unlimited use of where the Quick Connect Tap Off Box units may be installed.
- Offers the industry’s smallest keep out area.
- Boasts 128 Amps maximum per phase, offering over 1,000 different configurations for customer-specific server rack power distribution needs.
- Enables simple, tool-less TOB installation.
- Provides branch circuit monitoring for proactive power usage and availability management to ensure power needs don’t surpass capacity of individual Quick Connect Tap Off Boxes.
- Offers branch circuit monitoring capable of delivering accurate and precise monitoring data in accordance with Revenue Grade Monitoring Standards.
- Monitors status indicating lights, providing technicians an easy to view status of breaker position and meter status indication.
About Power Distribution, Inc. (PDI)
Power Distribution, Inc. (PDI) is a pioneer of innovative power transformation, power distribution, and intelligent power monitoring solutions for mission-critical operations. The company leverages their ISO standards-based manufacturing facilities in Virginia and California, as well as partner and customer collaborations, to create the broadest range of award-winning solutions in the industry. Through the PDI and ONYX brand names, these industry leading solutions are sought after by data center, industrial and other mission-critical facilities and backed by continued global service and support. The net result: One company to provide and to service the end-to-end power needs of a 24×7 connected world. For more information, please visit www.pdicorp.com.
For more information, contact:
BridgeView Marketing (for PDI, Inc.)
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/62c8379d-25f8-42ba-855f-be2876a6d291